Friday, February 22, 2013

Changing password of the MDS and BIPLATFORM schemas used by OBIEE 11g

At my current engagement, we are required to change the passwords for everything every 60 days. After doing some research I found a blog post by someone who showed how to do this from Enterprise Manager, but they only covered three of the four locations to change the password. As I have mentioned previously, I like automation, so I build a script which takes care of all the tasks.

After the jump is an example script, along with the python for WLST, to perform this task.


Using what I've picked up with WLST I created a script to automate this process. At a high level, the script will
  • Log into a database and change the password for the MDS and BIPLATFORM schemas
  • Log into Enterprise Manager, and update the password for MDS in the JDBC data sources
  • Log into Enterprise Manager, and update the password for BIPLATFORM in the JDBC data sources
  • Log into Enterprise Manager, and update the password for EPMSystemRegistry in the JDBC data sources
  • Log into Enterprise Manager, and update the password for BIPLATFORM in the Deployments section.
  • Restart the OBIEE Services
You will need to manually restart all of the processes (AdminServer and biserver) after this completes.

Click me to view resetMDSBIPlatformPwd.sh

Click me to view wlstMDSBIPlatformPwd.py

No comments:

Post a Comment